NTS offers Warehousing and Logistics courses at the Certificate III and IV level that concentrate on practical implementation of Lean concepts and sustainable improvements in warehousing and storage environments.
The aim of Lean is to establish and maintain a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement within an organisation. Lean relies on foundational concepts:
- Customer focus – value is only what the customer values.
- Eliminating waste – if it is not providing value then you don’t need it.
- Smooth flow – leveling out any variations to achieve a consistent flow of processes.
- Efficiency – managing efficiencies along the supply chain rather than creating departments and silos.
- Continuous improvement – continually finding ways to make improvements, no matter how small.
- Respect for people – valuing the expertise of people who know their work.
Our warehousing and logistics courses benefit from the same approach to identify and reduce waste. However, we also focus on critical requirements within the industry such as supply chain processes, and Workplace Health and Safety. While the core of the training remains the same, the specifics around the delivery can change to meet your industry needs.
These courses are delivered in the workplace by experienced staff and use workplace improvement projects as the practical and hands-on learning process. Projects are tailored to real areas of improvement within the workplace, allowing participants to apply their learning to real life situations.